no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Tuesday 6km with 5x200m sprints

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tuesday 6km with 5x200m sprints

The rain was bucketing down at 5.45am and it was dark and fairly cool so I drifted back to sleep for an hour…after which there was a break in the rain so off I went.

Easy 10 minute warm up run down to Lighthouse Beach, then 5 x 200 metre sprints along the flat sections of MFD with 2-3 minute jog recoveries. Much slower jog back home with the steep MFD hill to climb back up followed by the steady rise along Lighthouse Road.

Seeing as it’s now the 12 week mark out from the Macleay River Half Marathon I’ve decided to follow a 12 week half marathon training program leading up to it. This was my very first session on the schedule. I haven’t really had any structured program before now so I want to see if I can come out of it at the other end with some noticeable improvements.

The program I’m going with is one that suits me at the moment, calling for 2-3 days off per week in between the typical mix of sessions found in most programs. I chose it as there shouldn’t be any significant jumps in distance to what I’m currently doing, thus reducing any overuse injury risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home