no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Week 10 of 18

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Week 10 of 18

I’m a bit late with this post…almost time for the current week’s update. Anyway, this was a Moderate week.


Monday 5km Recovery Run
Just a super easy run around the Waniora area. About 1km into things it really started bucketing down with rain which was quite refreshing for a change, but it would have been better if I had a cap on me to keep the rain out of my eyes.


Tuesday 13.5km Aerobic Run
I actually kicked off in the rain this morning, which wasn’t so bad even though it was well before sunrise (at least I had a cap this time). The rain eased off in the middle of the run before picking up again for the last couple of kilometres. I went through the industrial area then along Gordon Street this morning. I was struggling after 4 km for some reason, but came good after about 10 minutes. However by that time I’d already cut a couple of sections so I didn’t end up with the 15km originally planned.


Thursday 12km Tempo and Hill Reps
Forty minutes into this run I upped the pace for a 10 minute interval, which led straight into 3 x 2 minute hill reps. I was back at the Pacific Drive hill up from the Jonas Absolom roundabout. Felt good after this session, and after a shower I headed into town for coffee with Miners and Hamburglar, who had been out for a ride. Hamburglar was up here on a family holiday and also running and riding most of the Ironman course in preparation for a (probable) shot at the Half Ironman later in the year.


Saturday 25km Long Run
I ducked over to Lake Innes this morning, then headed back through Clifton, Westport Park and Pacific Drive. Mostly I plan my long runs at about 6 minute pace. I felt really good through pretty much all of this run, and even though I felt like I was running conservatively I still managed to finish about 15 minutes ahead of schedule. I had to double check later to make sure that I hadn’t taken any shortcuts, but it was all legit! Not bad at the end of a couple of big weeks. The real test will be my 36km run on the first weekend in March. I’m looking forward to that now.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 3:56 pm, Blogger Hamburglar said…

    Great to meet you last week Portrunr. Looks like the training is going well for Canberra.

     
  • At 5:10 pm, Blogger miners said…

    Was great to catch up with you mate. Hey, that 13.5km run where you didn't feel exactly great may have simply been a result of starting IN the rain, as well as tacking a course through the industrial area and Gordon Street - certainly one of our "less" scenic run routes :)

     
  • At 7:24 pm, Blogger blues buffett said…

    wish I could duck over anywhere for 25k's. Sounds like your programme is working well. I guess you had a good aerobic workout at BDO, too...

     
  • At 9:14 pm, Blogger Shane said…

    At the moment it feels like something is wrong when you aren't getting wet. The rain up here has been lingering around for a good fortnight.

    Great to see that your training is still progressing very well. look forward to reading about your 36k run, that sure is a big one. You wouldn't have too many more big runs after that one before your taper begins. This year is flying already.

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    Awesome week P. Your training is going so well. Your debut marathon experience is going to be an enjoyable one. Enjoy your big run this weekend!

     
  • At 12:13 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    Good week Paul. The build-up is going well. I'm also finding those slower paced long runs most enjoyable.

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Yep, another good solid week there Paul. It looks like I wont be seeing you Canberra. That's a pity as I would love to meet you. I have enjoyed reading your progress to date and am looking forward to the rest of the journey. It has been a good news story so far.

     
  • At 12:04 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    That long run has to be a real confidence booster - 15mins ahead of schedule!

     
  • At 2:45 pm, Blogger Wobbly man said…

    Wow, a great training week - that will pay dividends!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home