no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Week 8 of 18

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Week 8 of 18

Much less to report for last week, which was a Recovery / Adaptation week. I was carrying some mild flu symptoms, although really only at night and they cleared up during the days. Wanting to keep it that way I skipped a couple of non critical sessions to have every chance of fighting it off before it took hold. I only missed a recovery run and a cross training session anyway.

Last Sunday was just a walk to loosen up, so I took the kids for a walk in the pram.


Tuesday 10km Aerobic Run
Along Lighthouse Beach then through Emerald Downs and Waniora. It was a bit of a struggle to get up this morning, but I was rewarded with a nice sunrise over the beach for my efforts. The run was followed up with a lunchtime massage.


Thursday 8km with 4 x 2 min Hill Reps
I was a bit wary this morning and I didn’t want to drain myself too much. I warmed up through the Dahlsford and Crestwood Estates before launching up Pacific Drive from Jonas Absalom.
I hit the 2nd and 4th reps hard, and hit a new mark further up the hill than the other week. I’m starting to feel much stronger on these hill reps now, and I’m remembering why I liked them so much last year! It just took a couple of sessions to build into them again.


Saturday 18km Long Run
It still seems slightly odd that anything under 2 hours is a “short long” run, but so it is.
I trotted around the local area a bit before heading in to town, along the river and back via the beaches before finishing with a loop around Bangalay Drive.
I was still a little apprehensive as I still wasn’t 100%, but I made it through ok and the minor symptoms I experienced have since disappeared. Lucky, as the coming week is “High Volume”.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:34 am, Blogger miners said…

    Good to see you're fresh and ready for the next big week! Hamburglar will be up too, so we might try and get together for a long slow run, and/or a coffee somewhere?

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    I hope the high volume week is going well Paul.

    I like that about 30k runs - after doing a few, 18k seems short and easy.

     
  • At 3:10 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Looking good, Paul. And you are right about the slow run/long run thing - shows you are mentally handling the bigger workdload.

    That's a strange flu that only strikes by night and not by day. I think I will have what you're having next time round.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home