no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Week 3 of 18 (and parts of 2/4)

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Week 3 of 18 (and parts of 2/4)

Christmas Eve 20km Run
I chose a semi hilly route for this one, and that combined with a warm, humid morning made it a challenging run. I didn’t seem to be able to get into a rhythm for any period of time.


Week 3 of 18

Christmas and Boxing Days were scheduled as cross training and recovery run days on the program. Although I didn’t do anything structured, the activities involved over the two days should cover it. There was plenty of chasing of kids, backyard cricket, chasing footballs, volleyball, plus some waterskiing. Plenty of overindulgence was involved, but that’s to be expected.
Wiggum had the video camera on the boat when we were skiing so I might even score a guest appearance in the third episode of OzCoastAction when the lads get their act together. I pulled off a couple of spectacular falls that will no doubt feature, but there may be some actual skiing included as well!! I’ll post the link when it’s up.
We were at Jodie’s parents for Christmas this year, and ended up staying a couple of days longer than planned. As there were a couple of dozen people around, and the kids were getting up far too early for the late night crew, a few of us pitched our tents down the back (it’s a bush property on acreage, so there’s plenty of room to spread out). It was nice to bed down with the crickets, spiders and wallabies for a while.


Wednesday 12km Run
After gearing up in my tent I headed out for a run on mostly unsealed roads and country scenery. The excesses of the previous couple of days meant this was a sluggish run, and I struggled to finish the planned distance. My shoes were fairly dusty at the end of it all. I was glad to get out and start the day with a run, but needed a bit of a snooze in front of the cricket later in the day.


Friday 7km Run
A quick hike the Waniora area saw me slowly getting back up to speed!


New Years Eve 23km Run
This run felt better than last weeks’ long run. I had to hang in there at times, but I didn’t feel like I was being sapped of my energy like last week. With so many visitors in town at the moment there were plenty of people out and about this morning.

I followed a similar route to last week, heading down Granite St, Hill Rd, Lake Rd, then over to Lake Innes before heading across to Town Beach via Oxley/Gordon and back home via the coastal road - Pacific Drive.

This run saw me finish December with 144km for the month and 1282km for the year.


Week 4 of 18

Tuesday 6km Run
This was just a recovery run with 4 x 100m strides to finish.


Wednesday 9km Run
I weaved my way in and around some hilly sections of the Lighthouse Beach area and over to Emerald Downs this morning. As it was just an aerobic run today I took it easy up the hills, but I’m actually looking forward to the upcoming hill sessions to build up some additional strength in the legs.


The last few days have seen some rearrangement of the furniture around the house and how the rooms are being used. We’d been putting it off for a bit, but finally Tyler slept in his own room for the first time the other night and seems to be sleeping better than usual as a result. Yay for us all!

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 5:18 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said…

    yay! good to hear everything is going well! hope you had a lovely christmas and happy 2007!

     
  • At 6:44 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Woooo, a special guest appearance. Can I have your autograph ;-)

    Happy New Year. Let's hope its not just a good one but a great one!

     
  • At 6:51 pm, Blogger Shane said…

    Happy New Year Paul!

    Looks as though the training is going very well indeed. Hopefully you can enjoy 2007 with plenty of great results. I look forward to reading your progress on the marathon training. :-)

     
  • At 7:19 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    Happy new year!

    So pleased to hear that everything is going well for you. When can we expect another visit?

     
  • At 11:47 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    Some good runs there Paul - especially the 23k on Sunday. I hope you're enjoying some cooler weather like we are down here :)

     
  • At 10:07 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    Sounds like you've been very busy. Welldone on the monthly kms in December. It looks like it was your second highest for the year.

     
  • At 8:49 pm, Blogger TD said…

    It's been a pleasure to follow your journey in 2006 Paul and hope we do get the chance to meet at the Canberra Marathon.

    How perceptive of you to pick up that I have decided on Canberra over Boston. After discussing it with wife, I only made the decision yesterday. I still hope to do Boston in the future at a more convenient time.

    Have a wonderful new year mate.

     
  • At 4:02 pm, Blogger Lulu said…

    Looks like your training is getting off to a good start this year. I hope you have a great 2007.

     
  • At 2:22 pm, Blogger miners said…

    Happy New Year mate. Good to see you've been keeping the blog up to date not like some of the lazy ones out there ;)

    Canberra looks like it's all going well to plan P. will watch with keen interest to see how it pans out.

     
  • At 9:27 pm, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Good NYE run Paul. Was the Monday a planned rest day after celebrations following the run?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home