no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Big Catch Up

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Big Catch Up

Wow, there’s a lot to catch up on in terms of posting and reading. Better get to it…

Last Wednesday Run 7.5km and CR Dinner
Did the early Tuesday morning drive to Sydney entirely in daylight which was a novelty. There was nothing too remarkable about this run – not too hard, not too easy. I did a few splits along the way and was surprised by how consistent my pace was over the entire run at about 5:20 per km.
As a few people have picked up I’ve made no mention of my recent “lower leg” injury and I hope to keep it that way!

Met up with Jen, The Owl, Don Juan, blkbox, Beki and Ellie at The Rocks for dinner. It was great to see everyone again :)


Friday Run 9.5km
In the morning I ran a similar course to Wednesday at a virtually identical pace with an extra couple of km at the end.
Friday evening was the drive back to Port.


Saturday Swim 1.0km
The pool was packed today when I went at lunchtime. I managed to get through a mix of 600m freestyle and 400m breaststroke before I pulled the plug.


Monday Run 9km
The fact that daylight savings started the day before, that it was a bit cool and that it was drizzling outside didn’t make it easy to get up, but I did it anyway.
I zigzagged my way through the Lighthouse Beach and Emerald Downs areas before returning home for a nice warm shower.


Tuesday Swim 0.7km
Met Miners down at the pool for some laps at lunchtime. We spent more time floating around the shallow end than actually swimming which was fine by me as I was enjoying the chatting more than the laps and wasn’t feeling that strong in the water. And yes, what little swimming we did was in fact in the fast lane :P Not sure what I was doing there though as Miners actually covered about 250-300m for each of my 200m!
The lesson here is that if you want someone to swim with that will push you and cover a great distances along the black line don’t look in my direction…I could easily derail the training of the most committed triathlete!! ;)


Wednesday Run 9km
I’m amazed how consistent my pace has been for all of my recent runs. Just kicking along at just under 5:20 pace. Might be time to pick it up a bit!
Today I made my way around the Waniora and Flynns Beach areas. I had a lot on my mind (good stuff, not bad!), so the journey seemed to be at an end in no time. I think that’s the mindset I need for the long runs when I get back to them.


Monday brought up 50km for October, which is pretty poor in terms of where I would have liked to be for the month, but not so bad considering I didn’t run at all for the first third of the month for unmentionable reasons!

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 9:55 pm, Blogger miners said…

    nice work on the catch up mate - I know you were dreading it ;)

    thanks heaps for the chat at the pool - any excuse not to swim a couple of laps is always welcome!

     
  • At 10:20 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    Miners mentioned that slack swimm session in his blog. Almost makes triathlon training sound fun.

    Your running is ticking over quite well - I'm sure you can build from there.

     
  • At 7:03 am, Blogger R2B said…

    You certainly keep active,
    I am not surprised that keeping a blog can be hard at times!

    Good to see you caught up with some of the CR bloggerers while in town.

    Cheers R2B

     
  • At 7:16 am, Blogger Jen said…

    It was lovely to see you last week Paul. I'm glad to hear that it is slowly coming together again for you. And thanks for acting as our mule ;-)

     
  • At 8:06 am, Blogger Gronk said…

    Great to see your doing well mate.

     
  • At 9:57 am, Blogger Becky O said…

    Hi Paul. Thanks for the message on my blog. We bought all series of Arrested Development from the US on ebay as its cheaper and it gets released before Aus. We have just finished watching series 3 and its even better than the first 2 series. Its a shame they've canned it in the US. Yanks just dont get good humour ;) I did hear though, that there is a die hard fan base protesting to have the series returned.

     
  • At 10:43 am, Blogger Lulu said…

    Your kms will start building up again nicely now the unmentionalble has gone away.

    Hope you enjoy the HIM atmosphere this weekend.

     
  • At 2:02 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    You have been busy.

    Re Saturday's story .... "I managed to get through a mix of 600m freestyle and 400m breaststroke before I pulled the plug." Now I have visions of you pulling the plug out of the pool and letting all the water out :-)

     
  • At 10:42 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    Low k's, but the consistency is building up. Swimming is always a good break from running and I think doing it consistently helps with core strenght etc. It also helps if you want to do a triathlon?....you seem to be doing a lot of it lately :)

     
  • At 7:41 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said…

    Great to catch up again Paul - looking forward to the CC half and a new easy run ;-)

    (I'm sure you don't actually believe that I run, twice we've met and I've been in civvies on both occasions!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home