no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Hayfever under control

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Hayfever under control

After an irritating couple of days my head is back to normal.

Thursday 1.6km Swim
Caught up with Ellie for some laps at Cook + Phillip Park. It was fun to swim with someone else, which helped the session go by in a flash. Ellie was talking about picking my brains for some swimming advice but it turned out that she’d been doing some reading on the subject and I got a heap of tips from her instead!! In fact I tried out one of the techniques she mentioned and it seemed to really help me glide through the water a lot smoother. Imagine how much faster I can go once I get a few tips off Miners as well!!

So I ended up with 1600 metres. The sequence was a bit mixed, but roughly 800m Freestyle, 500m Breaststroke and 300m Freestyle.


Friday 6km Easy Run
Backed up last night's swim with an easy run to start the day. All clear on the calf front.

Coming up
The plan for the weekend is to meet up with BlkBox and Gronk at Centennial Park tomorrow morning for a run, during which we’ll make plans for brekky with Beki before their massage later in the morning. Tomorrow night I’m heading in to see the Dragons play the Storm for a spot in the Grand Final. Sunday will most likely be some more laps at the local pool before heading into the City for a wedding in the afternoon. Somewhere in there I’ll have to do some shopping for Jodie’s birthday next week!!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:55 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said…

    damn - why can't i use the tips on myself???? we will have to do it again next time you are in sydney and compare our improvements! especially now that i have a 20 visit card!! no excuses!

     
  • At 2:10 pm, Blogger Shane said…

    The swimming seems to be progressing well, it would have been good to have Ellie along for some training aswell.

    Great news on the injury and hayfever dilemmas. Do you think the head thing was contributed by the pool. I always seem to get a runny nose and become congested when I use public pools. I think the chlorine irritates me.

    hope the running continues to improve, has the swim training had any effect on your running?

     
  • At 3:44 pm, Blogger miners said…

    What do you mean get tips from me? I want those tips that Ellie passed on to you about gliding in the water! I don't know crap

    Have a great time at the footy mate :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home