no Dive, Rock 'n Run: A 1km Run...and the rest

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A 1km Run...and the rest

Well life is certainly busy at home at the moment and the weather is just great to be on holidays. I didn’t quite get around to the photos until now! Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

Jodie and Tyler came home last Thursday afternoon. Everyone is well, although I think that everything happening as well as some more teeth coming through disrupted Isabel a bit. Happily she is better now that Mum is back and a degree of routine is restored. She has not been lacking attention, is fascinated by the new baby in her house and is happy to give him lots of kisses.

I neglected to mention that Tyler arrived weighing 4.17kg and was 53cm long. He’s sleeping fairly well and doesn’t complain too much at all – just the usual cries for food, a clean nappy and a cuddle.

I’ve finally got some photos together from the weekend. There's Tyler sleeping, awake, and one of Isabel heading in for a sloppy kiss!!


Running is on hold
Running is a bit of a problem at the moment, although not due to the obvious reasons. Another item I left out of my last post was that on my run to Flynn’s the other Friday I had some tightness in my right calf at around 2km, which gradually escalated to be fairly painful with each footfall by the end of the run.

I completely forgot about it until I ducked out Thursday morning for a run. I made it a total of 1km, at which point I felt a sudden pain in the same spot and ended up walking home as the pain continued with each step. It feels like a muscular strain (certainly can’t be an overuse injury!) so I’m giving it a chance for some rest and see how it pulls up after another week or two. So in the meantime cycling and swimming might be the go to maintain some fitness, then I’ll test it out next week. I'm not too concerned for now as the Central Coast Half is still over 3 months away.


Sunday Cycle
It was a beautiful day on Sunday, so while Jodie and Tyler were resting I took Isabel for a picnic down at Flynns Beach. Later while Isabel was sleeping I went for a cycle. It was 50 minutes around the beaches and Lighthouse area, causing no problem for the calf. I’m aiming a couple more rides over the next week while I’m on holidays.

Monday Swim
It’s been over 10 years since I’ve taken on an Olympic Pool. I decided it was time to change that and headed down for some late morning laps. All up I did 40 minutes of laps followed by 10 minutes of water running. Each lap was a bit tough at first, but later in the session the end of the pool seemed to be approaching a bit quicker and with less of a struggle! I’ve no idea how many laps I did and mixed in a few breaststroke laps. It was a good time of day to get back into it, as I shared the slow lane with no more than 2 others at any time.
I enjoyed it, and I’m looking forward to soon being at the stage where I don’t have to stop after every lap, so I plan on getting down there once or twice a week from now on.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:09 pm, Blogger Mandy said…

    hmm, hidden pics...was never good at that. :D

     
  • At 9:02 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    Shhh, dont' tell Miners - he'll think you are taking up tris!

     
  • At 2:25 pm, Blogger christine said…

    my oh my what a gorgeous family! Nice job the cross training dadio! Do I detect some tri training?????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home