no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Some cool 200m Reps

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Some cool 200m Reps

What a refreshing change to get out at 6.30 this morning. It was just perfect at that time - cool, but not too cold, and just as the sun was rising.

I even had a real plan for this morning! I was going to do as many 200 metre reps as I could fit along Matthew Flinders Drive from the Lighthouse Beach Surf Club to Ocean Drive and back (about 4km). Turns out it was 10, with anywhere from 45 to 90 seconds jog recovery between each. I really enjoyed the 200’s and they were just what I needed…they felt like enough of a workout without the “hang in there” aspect of some of the longer efforts.

Half way through one of them a guy pulled alongside on a bike and commented that I was keeping a good pace. I told him it was only for about 50 seconds at a time, but he said it was better than he could do. That made me consider how some people can keep up that pace (and quicker) for a full Marathon to go under 3 hours…now that’s amazing!

On the way home I mumbled a quick greeting to Miners as he glided downhill past me whilst I was making a futile attempt to cool down on the uphill climb out of Lighthouse! All told it was a good way to start the day.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:12 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    They say if you want to run fast you have to run fast. And that's just what you are doing with those 200s. Nice work!

     
  • At 6:05 pm, Blogger miners said…

    Glad you also managed to enjoy the nice weather before jodie's southerly belted down on us after lunch. Great effort on those 200ms - and you then ALSO ran up Lighthouse Road? Big work-out mate :)

     
  • At 9:05 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Great work there, Paul. 200s are great sharpeners witout, as you say, the hang dog approach needed for the longer ones. I think you must be feeling pretty zippy Paul.

     
  • At 5:32 pm, Blogger Lulu said…

    I'll see you at the Central Coast half. That's my goal race for this year.

    I can recognise where you're talking about now I've been there. We were staying out near Lighthouse Beach for the IM.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home