no Dive, Rock 'n Run: A hot 17km in the middle of Winter

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A hot 17km in the middle of Winter

I was looking after Isabel until mid morning, so I didn’t get out for my long run until 10.30am. After a wet, windy night the weather was fairly decent today.

I cut through the middle of the Lighthouse Beach area, then straight up to Town Beach, through town and back via Granite Street. I had a plan to run about 15km, but towards the end there were a couple of extensions. As I approached each of them I contemplated whether to do the extensions or not, and found myself automatically taking the longer routes.

I pulled up stumps at 17km and ended up walking another km home. The sun felt like it was blazing down and I’d had it at that point. I was really hit by the difference between running in the cool/cold mornings and in the middle of the day…even in winter.

As much as possible of the rest of the day was spent sprawled flat out on the lounge room floor playing with Isabel and her toys!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Personally, I struggle to run in the middle of the day. I am very much a morning person. Strange that it should be like this. Is it all in the mind?

     
  • At 5:20 pm, Blogger miners said…

    it WAS a hot day for a run in the end wasn't it? surprised me too.

    Shame to hear about you pulling the pin on the Hunter. Would have been a good chance to catch up with the cheeky Newcastle crew ;)

     
  • At 9:41 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said…

    I have no idea how I will cope with running in summer - even in the middle of Melbourne winter I find that I am over heating when running in the middle of the day with the sun shining! Funny how it can make such a big difference

     

Post a Comment

<< Home