no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 17km Aerobic Run

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Friday, June 23, 2006

17km Aerobic Run

I had it all planned…watch the first half of the Australia v Croatia World Cup match, record the second half while I’m out for a run and the watch it afterwards while I eat breakfast. It almost worked perfectly until some clown told me the 2-2 result and that we were through to the second round while I was on the way back. Oh well. It was an eventful second half, so was still interesting to watch the drama unfold.

Anyway, it was a good run straight down Kennedy Drive, out to Clifton, then Westport Park and back via the beaches. I enjoyed the flat middle section as I was cruising in a nice rhythm by that stage before the undulating climb home. All told it took just under 1hr 40min with an average HR of 145bpm. It’s odd that it seems like ages since the Half, but it was actually less than a fortnight ago.

In other news, I comfortably avoided starvation during my week alone. Not exactly earth shattering information, but it’s been a long time since I’ve fended for myself. I didn’t resort to my backups of Saos or Spaghetti on Toast once, although there was the Pizza thrown in there, but I made myself run in the cold, dark rain as punishment! I pulled out some of my old regulars with a selection of meals from around the world…even visiting Italy twice. The menu included Penang Curry Chicken, Spaghetti Bolognese, Pizza, Beef Goulash and Mongolian Lamb.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:55 pm, Blogger miners said…

    gee - with a menu like that and you didn't invite me over!

    I can actually order a pretty mean pizza myself ;)

     
  • At 6:31 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Wow, you eat well when the family's away. My boyfriend lives on porridge when I'm away!

    Nice run by the way.

     
  • At 2:58 am, Blogger christine said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing the photo of you and your little girl. Hopefully the good we try to do will offset the inevitable mistakes and our kids will just know they are loved!

    Way to go on the run and good eats!

     
  • At 10:21 am, Blogger Jen said…

    Hehe. I've been in the same boat. Mr Jen_runs is the main cook in our house. I've managed to survive 2 weeks without him & I haven't eaten porridge or baked beans on toast for dinner.....yet ;-)

     
  • At 3:00 pm, Blogger Wayne said…

    Nice food selection, when I'm alone it's beans on toast all the way, or maybe for a change, cheese on toast.

     
  • At 7:15 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said…

    Mmmm, that looks like a good menu! Now I feel hungry.....

     
  • At 10:12 pm, Blogger Wobbly man said…

    Eat what you want but train like an animal!

     
  • At 5:13 am, Blogger Mandy said…

    Just reinforces the fact that men are from their own little planet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home