no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Wet 9km Tempo Run

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wet 9km Tempo Run

My plan was to join the group run after work this afternoon. The rain was set in by mid afternoon so I conducted a straw poll with miners. With the prospect of a very small group, not a single beer waiting at the end and having to drive home soaked I quickly pulled the pin on that plan.

Instead I finished work a little early and with the rain pouring from the sky I set off from home in the fading light. I was pretty much soaked through within the first five minutes, so I was glad I chose my lightest singlet…also that the shoes didn’t quite reach the squelching stage.

I repeated the Lighthouse loop from yesterday morning, extending it further north at the end for the extra 3km. I did 2 x 12 minute efforts with a 5 minute jog recovery and arrived back home after 46 minutes.

Despite the dark, the cold and the rain I actually enjoyed the run immensely. I was really thrilled to be out there and it was so invigorating. I was imagining all the people driving home past me shaking their heads at the lunatic out running in that sort of weather. Not something I'd want to do every day, but a novelty for the moment.

I had a hot shower waiting at home, followed by a hearty meal and a bit of housework along with the opportunity to blow the cobwebs out of the amp and speakers before the girls get back home on Friday. On the play list tonight is
U2: How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Third Eye Blind: Out of the Vein
Tool: 10,000 Days (thanks blkbox)
RHCP: Stadium Arcadium.
So many cds and so little time!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 am, Blogger Tesso said…

    Sometimes just knowing people will think I am crazy makes me want to do stupid things like run in the pouring rain.

    So much music, so little time :-) How good is it though now that its so easy to load CDs onto the mp3 player so you can listen virtually anytime.

     
  • At 12:29 pm, Blogger miners said…

    Glad someone was less blousey and actually did something yesterday - nice day today though - might just be warm enough for me ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home