no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 11km with 2 x 15min Tempo efforts

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

11km with 2 x 15min Tempo efforts

After a couple of days off I was keen to get out into the crisp morning air today.

Following a 2km warm up I wound myself up for the first of two 15 minute efforts with a 6 minute recovery. There was one section that was just the perfect degree of downhill for the almost a kilometre. I felt like I was absolutely flying down it wondering how people maintain this speed for a half or full marathon even over the flat and uphill sections. It felt great, but later on I wasn’t so speedy as I made my way back up the slope!!

I worked my way over to Peakhurst, past Hurstville Golf Course (not actually located in Hurstville itself) and through Oatley today. It was an hour all up, and felt like I was coasting a bit more than I should have, particularly during the 2nd effort. The time seemed to pass fairly swiftly, and I was soon back home before the sun made its way into the sky.

As I walked the final few hundred metres to cool down I saw an older guy working his way from house to house taking everyone’s local paper from their front lawn and putting it on their front doorstep…how odd, but what a nice neighbour to have!!

Yes, I’m in Sydney again…just a quick trip this time, and it’s why I worked myself to being slightly ahead of schedule on my training program to allow for a few missed days this week due to travelling and other interruptions.

As if I don't have enough work to do I've just sat here precisely plotting my run in Google Earth...but like Jodie says, I'm a silly, silly man sometimes! :oD It’s just a novelty to have the finer detail on the Sydney maps when Port is relatively coarse and doesn't get down to street level detail. It’s not for nothing though as now I know the distance for an unfamiliar course and can post the image. I really rounded the distance nicely on the route too. Special!


1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    Woohoo - not long now. Your hard work will certainly pay off :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home