no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 9km with 4 x 1000m Intervals

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

9km with 4 x 1000m Intervals

I ran the old Settlement Point return trip this morning after a bit of a later start. Threw in some doubling back during my 2:30min recoveries so that I’d start and finish on the km markers. I completed the 4km worth of Vo2 efforts with an average of 4:24 pace, which is pretty much spot on what I was aiming for based on the McMillan Running pace chart.

There were quite a few runners and cyclists out this morning…probably because I was running a bit later than usual. But I was feeling somewhat less than sociable for some reason, so just stuck to a few quick nods or a wave. It was just a little harder work this morning. I just kept my head down and slugged it out. Probably just a bit flat in recovering from Friday’s long run...I can feel an early night coming on!!

Miners was planning to head out for a long run down south along a trail that Go Girl and WTR pioneered towards Lake Cathie, but I thought better of backing up with another long run myself! It’s now only two weeks until the Half!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:03 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Great session. Everything seems to be on track for a great half.

    Hey, I know how you feel about wanting to be less socialable, I get like that at times. Guess we all do which is good cos then nobody gets offended!

     
  • At 4:54 am, Blogger Mandy said…

    Aww yes Settlement Point, I know where that is now! Them some big intervals! And yes, start that taper...

     
  • At 5:40 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said…

    Hi! I love reading your training - it looks so full on! but fantastic! Thanks for your comment - i appreciate it. I love indonesia which is hard as it gets pretty bad press sometimes! Anyway - semoga sukses! (for the half!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home