no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 8km with 5 x 600m Intervals

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Monday, May 22, 2006

8km with 5 x 600m Intervals

In between a 2km warm up and 2km cool down I fitted today’s 5 x 600m VO2 intervals with 90 second jog recovery out along the Settlement Point return course.

Against the run of previous experience I didn’t spot any large groups of cyclists today - just the odd runner and cyclist here and there...today must have been a morning off for a lot of people!

I woke up on Sunday with no pain or discomfort anywhere at all. The legs felt good before and after today’s run, confirming for me that at least for the next few weeks I’ll avoid running on consecutive days. The day off seems to be beneficial and I think I’ll get the most out of the sessions that way. I’ve mapped out the next 3 weeks so that I don’t need to double up at all, with room for a ride here and there.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home