no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 6km Recovery

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Friday, May 05, 2006

6km Recovery

A nice easy 6km run today at just under 6min/km pace as a recovery and to keep the legs moving in preparation for the Striders run tomorrow.

I find it hard to judge how I’ll go on the day. I don’t think I’ll be breaking the 45min mark for the 10km and will be happy finishing somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes. I think I need to focus on losing a few more kilos combined with a little more speed work after the Half Marathon to lift my pace a bit. Then I can think about at having a serious crack at a couple of 10k’s!

It will just be good to do my first run on what sounds like a fantastic course, and will be great meet up with some CR’s both tonight and in the morning :)

5 Comments:

  • At 10:55 am, Blogger Lulu said…

    Looking forward to seeing you later.

     
  • At 1:05 pm, Blogger Mandy said…

    Good luck Paul..I well sent the spirits of 48-53 to cheer you on! lol

    Looking forward to the race report.

     
  • At 8:33 pm, Blogger Horrie said…

    Look forward to meeting you tomorrow. Just relax and try to keep me in sight and you might surprise yourself.

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    Was lovely to chat to you tonight.

    My tip is that you are sure to surprise yourself tomorrow !

     
  • At 9:52 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Good luck at the Striders, Paul. Looking forward to your report.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home