no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Saturday 17km Run on a Spectacular Morning

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saturday 17km Run on a Spectacular Morning

Left about 8am and headed in the direction of the industrial area. Worked my way to Westport Park, followed the river to Town Beach, and then hugged the coast home. Said hi to Miners as he rode past on his bike early on in the run (no doubt he was riding back from a café as has become his habit of late! ;) hehe).

It was a truly spectacular morning and I’m glad I did the water sections on the way home. So rather than follow the road I took some scenic detours such as down to Flynns Beach, around Kenny Walk and then seeing as it was low tide I ran along the firm sand at Shelly Beach Following a burst of inspiration combined with the earlier sighting I even finished up by scrambling along Miner’s Run! I took the steep stair climb out and had a leisurely 10 minute walk home.

I persevered with the hand held drink bottle on this run, and didn’t seem to notice it much at all this time. Still, I may look at picking up a fuel belt next time I’m in Sydney. In the meantime I might even develop some upper body tone!! I didn't catch the carrying arm slacking off at all and switched sides every 10 minutes.

The girls were heading out shopping as I returned, so while I relaxed with Breakfast Part II, I got to blast the house full of music which is something I don’t get the chance to do very often since Isabel was born!!

Whilst sitting back looking at the stunning day outside and remembering how good the water looked down at Flynns earlier I soon got motivated for a bodysurf. The Easter crowds had gone, the water was just perfect and there were some great little waves that had a nice kick to them.

So all in all it was a fantastic morning. After a shower and some lunch I feel great now and I’m going to cash in the relaxing afternoon that I’ve earned. The garden and gutters can wait until tomorrow seeing as they've already waited a few weeks already!!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:54 pm, Blogger Lulu said…

    Sounds like a great day is being had up at Port! Enjoy :)

     
  • At 3:55 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    Sounds like a fantastic run - and now that we've been up there, I can picture it. Nice :-)

     
  • At 1:49 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    That run sounded great. Very jealous. And of the rest of the morning too :)

     
  • At 9:07 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Thanks for the welcome you gave me on my blog PortRunr (Paul).

    I've got fond memories of Port Macquarie having stopped in there overnight the Christmas before last. I went for a great run early in the morning from our hotel (can't remember its name - Country Comfort maybe?), through down town, up and down what I remember was a big hill and then down along the various beaches for a bit and then return. It was a classic run on an absolutely beautiful morning. I could easily set up camp for good in Port Macquarie, although I am well anchored to Canberra for the time being with work, schools, and other family things. I don't think I would miss the -4 mornings but having said that they have some magic of their own - once you are warmed up.

    Thanks again

    Don

     
  • At 3:14 am, Blogger Mandy said…

    Love the water bottle for upper body tone...you carrying a mini keg? lol I am still trying to work out the whole water thingy as I'm soooooooo damn slow I'm out there forever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home