no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 8km with 4x300m Sprints

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Monday, April 24, 2006

8km with 4x300m Sprints

I decided to drive into town this morning for a flat run out to Settlement Point. It took a while to warm up with a chilly headwind for the first couple of k’s (not quite -4 deg, but cool enough for Port!).

After I warmed up I was feeling pretty good and felt strong through the sprints. Knocked out a 5 minute km during the cool down that felt really slow and cruisy and seemed more like what a 6 min km usually feels like. So I was pleased about that, and then pulled it back to about 5 and a half’s for the rest of the run back (by 5.5 in previous posts I actually meant 5 and a half, not 5 min 50 sec).

I grabbed a coffee on the way home and drove back along the beaches to check out the surf. It’s looking great again this morning and if I wasn’t working would be keen for a swim. Maybe tomorrow, being Anzac Day. Was a little buzzed by the time I got home after the run, the coffee and the scenery!!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:19 pm, Blogger Chelle said…

    Dont you love those runs that give you a high that lasts the rest of the day :)

     
  • At 2:11 pm, Blogger Mandy said…

    haha, that's not cold!

    Oh, and I didn't go to the movie...I went to the library..blah...got an hour more to do tonight...blah blah blah!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home