no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 6km Easy

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

6km Easy

It’s becoming rare that I have two days break in a row lately. But a 4.30am start on Monday to drive to Sydney then work all day saw me enjoying my Tuesday sleep in! Plus I am ahead of schedule which only leaves me with one official session to do for the whole week, leaving me at a bit of a loose end.

So today was just a relaxing run for fun, and comprised a pre dawn loop through Penshurst, Mortdale and Oatley to finish back at Hurstville Grove in just over half an hour.

I haven’t run this route since January, so my improvement is really noticeable. After a rough 5-10 minutes getting warmed up I settled into an easy pace. I’m finding that I’m feeling my strongest after about 4-5km now so I’m really encouraged about the program I’m following.

It felt like I pulled up short at 6km, but resisted the temptation to continue as today is the first of 4 days straight, culminating in the Striders 10km at North Head on Saturday. I’m so excited to finally be able to make another Striders run as it can be difficult coordinating them with my trips to Sydney. Admittedly it will only be my second, but will be my first since receiving my CR cap!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:38 am, Blogger Lulu said…

    Hope Sydney is treating you well! Good luck at Striders on Saturday. I hear North Head is a good course. If you're around on Friday night we're organising a dinner because Minersrun is in town too. Go Girl and I are co-ordinating so let me know if you're interested. It will be in the City

     
  • At 3:02 pm, Blogger Mandy said…

    I find it so hard somedays to stop when I'm suppose to when I'm running well (well for me that is), but it works....good luck in your race...I'm sure you will do well.

     
  • At 4:12 pm, Blogger Mandy said…

    Ex..67..one for each voice in my head.

     
  • At 9:44 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    I hear you are coming to dinner on Friday - see you then!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home