no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 7km with Hill Reps

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

7km with Hill Reps

Today was an 8 minute tempo effort followed immediately with 4 x 90 second hill/strength intervals with a jog down as recovery. These should be run by not reducing stride length (by much) for the hill. This was my first specific hill/strength session.

My route worked out perfectly so I was at the bottom of the hill as the 8 minutes expired, but the only problem was that I’d only chosen an 80 second hill!! By the time I found this out it was too late to swap hills so I just pretended I was still going up hill and just pushed a bit harder as it flattened out. Of course upping the effort on the hill itself is useless as that only turns it into a 75 second hill!! It was still a good workout though.

Oh well, at least when I get back home to Port I’ve got plenty of two, three and four minute plus hills of varying slope just around the corner from home so I won’t be caught short again in the coming weeks :)

I didn’t have to rush off this morning either as I had a meeting with a customer closer to “home” than usual. But that has left me with a busy afternoon and precious little internet time today…still a brief window to blog, but I can feel the withdrawal symptoms already!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home