no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 9km incl 4x800m Intervals

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Monday, May 08, 2006

9km incl 4x800m Intervals

This was a similar V02 session to last Sunday, but an extra 200 metres each. I left the new shoes at home as their first run isn’t going to be on the wet grass down at the Mackillop playing fields.

I completed the first two about 10-15 seconds quicker than the second two, but again it was the final effort that I was most comfortable with. It’s probably because until I reach the last interval it plays on my mind that there are more to come so I don’t relax as much as I do right at the end. I think once I get used to the sessions I’ll be able to relax through them all a bit more.

I need to go down and measure the “track” sometime. I run around two playing fields, so whilst I’m fairly comfortable that their length is around 100m, I’m really only guessing about the width of the fields, including the gap between them. I suspect I may have run longer than 800m for each interval.

Well would you believe it, word has obviously spread. This morning I actually started off with an audience of 2…that’s double the attendance at last week’s session. They were a couple of workers who obviously hadn’t started work yet, so they were standing up on the hill watching me run!!! In reality they were probably watching the heavy machinery work going on behind me where it looks like they’re creating a couple more playing fields, but the illusion was that they were watching me. By the time I was into my second effort another ute turned up and the spectators doubled again to 4. ;o) And this time it was actually a sober audience (as far as I could tell).

As far as spectators go, they've got nothing on the CR cheersquad though!! :)

As I headed past them on the way home they commented that I’d have a much larger area to run around soon enough. Now that would completely stuff up my measurements!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:36 am, Blogger Mandy said…

    I am confident that those two were admiring your perfectly exfoliated and toned skin...eh, maybe your form.

     
  • At 9:21 am, Blogger miners said…

    ... yeah, what she said ;)

    Hey when we meet up on Saturday I'll lend you the Garmin Forerunner for the rest of the week if you want to get a good idea on the reps you're doing. (I'll just need it back before Warwick!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home