no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 7km with Tempo + 3 x 90sec Hill Reps

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

7km with Tempo + 3 x 90sec Hill Reps

Isabel is sleeping so well of late, but she had some trouble settling around 5am this morning so I sat in her room in the comfy chair beside her cot listening to rain and dozing as she drifted back off to sleep. By the time it was light and she woke up again the rain had eased off so I made up her bottle, handed her over and set out for a run.

The rain held off for a further 15 minutes until I’d finished my warm up before settling into a light drizzle. I then commenced a 6 minute effort before going straight into 3 x 90 second hill reps part way up Parsons Ridge Rd. This hill didn’t pull up short like the one last week, and the incline gradually increased the higher I went. With the reps out of the way I trundled around Timber Ridge and the back of Lighthouse in the drizzle for a bit before packing it in for a warm shower.

I picked up a fuel belt from http://www.trscyclecentre.com.au the other day. Now to test it out on the Saturday long run! After hearing so much about expensive bikes over the last year of so, the problem I have now is walking past all those shiny bikes and thinking “hmmm that one isn’t as expensive as I thought”. The temptation has passed for now, but it’s certainly in my mind for down the track. For now there’s enough to buy with the new baby coming along soon. And no, I’m going to be more responsible than spend the baby bonus on a new bike for me!!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:25 am, Blogger Sekhmet said…

    Hmmm, baby bonus, shiny new bike - tempting though isn't it ;)

     
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger Tesso said…

    Ha, those CR girls in Sydney talking about their new bikes were a bad influence!

    A hint for the fuel belt, especially if its raining, is to Bodyglide or Sportshield under it if you are doing a long run.

     
  • At 1:51 pm, Blogger Mandy said…

    Damn those fuel belts are popular...were flying out of the store last night. And good for you for not letting the rain stop you! (see, I can be nice)

     
  • At 2:57 pm, Blogger Mandy said…

    pssss polar bears are hibernating....lol you like the shot, eh?

     
  • At 3:31 pm, Blogger Eagle said…

    Thank you for reading my Blogg. Good luck with the preparation for your first half and I look forward to catching up with you on the day.

     
  • At 8:42 pm, Blogger Shane said…

    Thanks very much Paul for your kind comments, very much appreciated. It sounds like you will enjoy those same experiences again in the not too distant future. Congratulations, look forward to hearig about your day :)

     
  • At 4:09 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Paul, I loved the little mini protrait of you and Isabel together. As a father, I can really identify with it.

     
  • At 5:10 pm, Blogger Wayne said…

    Thanks for the welcome to the team! Seems the taping's been the miracle cure for my shin pain, all looking good. Hopefully now I'll find some consistency.

    Best of luck with your training!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home