no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 10km with 2 x 12 min Tempo efforts

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

10km with 2 x 12 min Tempo efforts

On hearing the overnight low would be 4 degrees last night I knew it was going to be a tough start this morning with the sun just below the horizon! Thoughts of fellow bloggers in chillier climates saying “bah, you call that cold” got me through it though. Just took a while for the fingers to warm into it.

It was a spectacular morning, so well worth the effort. As the sun rose there was a nice orangey hue all along the horizon. I was at a high point along Kennedy Drive at the time and could see the rolling country hills on one side and the ocean on the other - a nice commanding view!

For the first effort I weaved my way through some of the hills around the back of Flynns Beach. After a 5 minute downhill recovery along Swift St I headed south on Pacific Drive and up Shelly Beach Rd, taking a couple of offroad diversions to add some extra rise and fall as I was feeling like a challenge today.

Overall I got what I was looking for from today’s run, which was a good mix of longer climbs and shorter sharper hills…very little flat at all.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:23 am, Blogger miners said…

    I konw just which cheeky blogger you were thinking about too - but rest assured mate, it was FREEZING this morning. I was on the bike, and it was the coldest I've exer experienced.

    It was a nice morning otherwise though wasn't it? We're pretty damn lucky up here :)

     
  • At 2:42 pm, Blogger Mandy said…

    Oh please 4, but see, you aren't wimping out because you know I will harass you..just making you stronger!! It was 9 when I left the condo this morning...in shorts, a tshirt and sandles.

    Apparently I am cheeky, whatever the hell that means! lol

     
  • At 10:59 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Brrrrr, 4 degrees - yikes! Its supposed to be 7 here overnight and I plan to run early. Maybe I should go read some of those blogs you speak of.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home