no Dive, Rock 'n Run: A weekend...where?

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Monday, June 05, 2006

A weekend...where?

Well that was one of those weekends that seem to be over before you can snap your fingers. Here's what I recall...


Saturday Easy 6km

After a red-eye drive back to Port on Friday night I wasn’t going to make the group run at Town Beach. So later in the morning I just headed out for an easy loop around the back of Waniora.

It hadn’t been an ideal week, with only 1 run in the previous 5 days, so an easy one was good just to get moving again. Lucky I planned to get ahead of schedule the week before!

I was considering using the heart rate monitor next weekend, but hadn’t used it for a few months so I threw it on for a test. As a result I’ve decided against it, even though I was only going to use it for analysis after the event. I just found it detracted from the feel of the run and my pacing, which I think has progressed well recently. Even if I covered the reading it would still be on my mind that I’m being “monitored”, and is an unnecessary distraction. So I’ll leave it to its intended use – as a training tool for lower HR sessions.


Sunday 16km Aerobic

I felt better for having done the easy Saturday run. This was an uneventful run into town following the coast and the river, then back home via Granite Drive. Threw in a few detours to extend the run to the target time and distance, and finished fairly strongly in a similar manner (just from a different direction) to last week's long run with a climb up Mimosa, Plantation and to the top of Astonomers Terrace again. All up it took 85 minutes.
The fuel belt was drained by the 70 minute mark. I think I’ll wear it next weekend as I find it so awkward drinking from a cup on the run. Most of it ends up spilt, and I don’t fancy stopping and breaking my rhythm to take in the fluids I need. It’s much easier to be able to work through the bottles at leisure whilst on the move!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:07 am, Blogger Mandy said…

    ohhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh you need the 8 bottle juicinator!

     
  • At 12:04 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Things seem to be going to plan for next weekend. And what a great idea finishing your long runs with an uphill climb, I'm guessing the half and full still finish up at the old gaol.

    Smart thinking with the fuel belt. I recall the drink tables being 5k apart at this event. Is that the case?

     
  • At 4:25 pm, Blogger miners said…

    Good idea - I think the fuel belt will accompany me on the weekend too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home