no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Unenthusiastic 400m Intervals

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Unenthusiastic 400m Intervals

It was so cold and after 3 nights of minimal sleep I wasn’t feeling too crash hot this morning. I was doing 4 x 400m intervals with 90 second jog recovery, and I got through the session quickly by cheating on the warm up and cool down.

Suffice to say I wasn’t feeling very quick, and if it’s any indication I don’t see the 45 minute mark tumbling at the Striders 10km on Saturday. I think another couple of weeks after the Half would have been more suitable for a quick run. Maybe some good sleep over the next three nights will sort me out. In any case I might just relax, enjoy the morning and just say any mark under 50 minutes will be fine.

ps. I didn’t know exactly, so was guessing the distance this morning. I Google Earthed a couple of the legs just now and it seems I was actually doing about 450m intervals, so not as bad as I thought :)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:42 am, Blogger miners said…

    is that from somewhere down in the big smoke? I don't think any of the Sydney-siders are much better with distances either ;)

     
  • At 11:03 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    Still a few days to get a bit more sleep in and recover for the 10k. You might surprise yourself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home