no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Couple of midweek runs...

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Couple of midweek runs...

Tuesday 6km

It was great to get a good night’s sleep. As I got dressed I felt a false sense of warmth thanks to the dying embers in the fire providing some heat to the house. It was a shocking difference as I headed out for what was quite a nice run this morning.

I did my Lighthouse loop by starting towards the recently opened Lighthouse Plaza which I used to refer to as the Tacking Point Tavern. I had a great view of a huge and brightly shining full moon setting as the first km is downhill heading west. As I made my way to the coast and along the beach the sun was rising behind the lighthouse. Nice.


Wednesday 9km Group Run

After a long absence I finally found myself lining up for the 5:45pm group run. Not too bad a turnout with 15-20 people showing up despite the cool, dark winter evenings and the fact that a few people were away.

The first half was an easyish 4km out to Settlement Point with the chance for a chat before heading back for a minute or two quicker on the return 4km. I ran the 8km in just under 37 minutes, which is the quickest I’ve run that route, given I’ve mostly gone through around the 42-43 minute mark. Not really a race though as the trip out is taken fairly casually. I followed it up with a 1km cool down and hung around for a quick ale before heading home.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:47 am, Blogger TD said…

    That must have been quite a scene, Paul, see the full moon go down one way and the sun coming up the over. It seems that running is made for such moments.

     
  • At 9:48 am, Blogger miners said…

    sorry I missed you on wednesday night mate (feeling a little poorly). Glad to see you running so well though - the extra motivation of a crowd (and a beer at the end) can really push you along :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home