no Dive, Rock 'n Run: 5km Easy Run

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Friday, June 30, 2006

5km Easy Run

Well the good news is the tooth pulled up fine this morning. Gave it a good warm up, a stretch afterwards, bit of Dencorub on the jaw and I’ll keep off it today by making the other side take the weight of the chewing so I think it’s a green light for tomorrow’s Striders… such a relief!! ;) lol

It was actually 5.6 km at a fairly comfortable average of 5 minutes / km. There’s a 1.4km loop down the end of the street that I hit about 20 minutes in. I ran at what I judged would be a sustainable 10km race pace and on checking it now it turns out it was just over 4:20 minute pace which I’m happy about. Whether I can keep it up for the full 10km tomorrow is an entirely different matter, but there’s only one way to find out!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:15 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said…

    might see you tomorrow morning- i'll be the one coming last!

     
  • At 1:46 pm, Blogger Wayne said…

    Best of luck with your race.

    Oh and I once ran with a suspect tooth, found that running with my mouth open, and hence letting the cold in, hurt to high heaven, not immediately, but after some time. Here's hoping your's doesn't do the same!

     
  • At 2:42 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    If it makes you feel any better I'm getting all of my wisdom teeth taken out on the the 1st September 5 days after my first HM. It's all part of my recovery strategy......not looking forward to it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home