no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Swim, swim, swim

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Swim, swim, swim

I didn’t get out for a run over the last week, but still managed some alternative exercise.

I swam Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The last one was unplanned, but I took Isabel for her first swimming lesson on Saturday (which she absolutely loved) and took the opportunity for an easy 700 metres. Later I went for an hour long ride along the beaches. That’d almost be my first brick session if not for the 2 hours in between the swim and cycle. So that makes 4 swim sessions in a week…gotta do something while I’m not running!

My running break means I only reached 40km in August, which is my leanest month by far this year. Not surprising seeing as I’ve only run 1km since the 11th of the month.

I’m feeling good about the break, which would be 3 weeks on Thursday (4 weeks if I don’t count the 1km effort) , but it feels time to get out for a run. I’m thinking of easing into a run on Tuesday or Wednesday morning and see what happens.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:25 pm, Blogger Wayne said…

    Good luck with the swimming, and hope the kids are doing well.

    Swimming stroke count is something I have an interest in, but not yet a full knowledge, but it is interesting comaping your stroke count to others. This was the link that inspired my obsession, have a look if you've got time and compare the coach to the swimmer in the next lane... http://www.futuredreams.co.nz/default.asp?PageID=1008

     
  • At 9:55 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Jodie, said a beautiful thing about dads in the water with their babes. I agree. I could comment about your riding or your return to running but it is my visual of you in the water with little Isabel that appeals most of all.

     
  • At 7:05 pm, Blogger Lulu said…

    I'm sure you will be able to ease back into your running and only a few weeks off shouldn't have done your fitness any harm. Look forward to reading about your return.

     
  • At 8:56 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    How are you going? Hope life at home is settling down. Let us know how you are going when you can!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home