no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Back to the Program

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Back to the Program

I won't be running tomorrow, which leaves me at 63km for September. Not bad considering I had a mini comback on the 11th and only ran for 2/3 of the month. Sensible stuff that!

I realised at the start of the week that it was now less than 10 weeks to the CC Half, so I figured it was time to get some proper training underway. I’m going to follow a similar program to the one I used for my previous half, except that it’s slightly more involved. The main difference is an additional Medium Long run per week, and the Speed and Tempo sessions are a little more demanding. It’s a 12 week program though, so I’m cutting in on week 3.


Wednesday: 7km with 5x200m Speed Intervals
The intervals didn’t feel particularly fast, but that’s not surprising on the back of a month off and a few weeks of plodding along. Gotta start somewhere!

Thursday: 1.2km Swim
A standard session of 800m freestyle and 400m breaststroke. Not feeling fast in the pool today, but I think that’s just my expectations increasing. I can tell that I’m far ahead of where I was a few weeks ago. I booked myself in for some stroke correction next Wednesday and I’m hoping for some improvements to come of it.

Friday: 9km with 6x4 minute Tempo Intervals
I weaved my way through the Waniora and Flynns Beach areas this morning. Again I didn’t feel particularly quick at the start, but towards the end I could feel the legs speeding up a little more. I feels good to have a plan to the training again rather than just kicking along. I can feel my motivation increasing as I look through the program and the upcoming sessions.

Friday Physio
I’ve been feeling a little tightness in the calf so I thought I’d get a professional to have a look at it. There was some scarring in a couple of places as a result of my recent injury. I was hooked up to a couple of crazy machines, given some massage therapy and received some homework to do before my visit next week.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:36 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    It's good to be back on a plan Paul. 200s first up are bloody hard. Speed takes a while to come back. Look after the calf.

     
  • At 6:40 pm, Blogger miners said…

    program looks good mate. And that should still give you heaps of time for a good tilt at CC

    btw - I did get down for a late swim yesterday. Sorry I missed you! :)

     
  • At 11:12 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    ...and Ewen knows all about calf injuries. Take care of yours!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home