no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Boo...Swim...Wedding...Driving

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Boo...Swim...Wedding...Driving

Oh well, a win for the Dragons was obviously a little too much to ask for…go the Swans! ;)

So I woke up Sunday morning and thought I’d drown my sorrows…at the pool. All up I did 800 metres freestyle, 600 metres breaststroke and 10-15 minutes of water running.

Shane recently asked if I thought that the swimming in public pools has contributed to any congestion/runny nose symptoms, which I don’t think has been the case for me so far. The pool at Port doesn't seem to be offensively chlorinated like some I've been in, and mostly when I go I've either had a lane to myself or shared with just a couple of others. I found a couple of times that if I am a little blocked beforehand that I’m all cleared up after the session. When I used to live in Sydney I always had sinus issues, but since moving to Port I don’t seem to have any troubles at all (including an absence of hayfever through the last couple of springs, which was always a nightmare in the past).
Shane and Dante made comments about technique which I was also talking about with Ellie, and I decided that I should get a swimming coach to look over my stroke to prevent too many bad habits becoming ingrained and hopefully lead to some improvements.

Anyway, the wedding was wonderful. We managed to avoid getting blown off the terrace at a restaurant high up over Cockle Bay. It was great to catch up with some of the family that I don’t get to see very often. I was in bed at midnight and up at 4.30am to drive back for a relatively normal day of work from home. It was awesome to see the girls and my little guy again…it’s amazing how much you notice babies develop even in just a week!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:04 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    I tend to avoid pools when I have a sniffle. I just have this image of pools being big disease spreading cesspools!
    That's lucky not having hayfever since you moved to Port. Mine seems to get worse every year:(

     
  • At 10:08 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    I forgot to say.......
    Go the Eagles!!

     
  • At 12:08 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    Yep, get a good swim coach. Stroke is everything in swimming. You have to move efficiently through water. Although it's more important for swimmers, we still spend heaps of time on 'stroke correction' for runners.

    Go South Melbourne!

     
  • At 1:41 pm, Blogger miners said…

    yep - it's definitely God's country up here. No hayfever or sinus problems to worry us whatsoever ;)

    shame about the dragons mate. You only had to ask me the result before the game and I could have saved you a lot of heartache ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home