no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Baby Racer

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Baby Racer

So as not to stress the legs too much, Friday and Saturday were both walks of about 50 minutes each, with a small degree of difficulty added. On Friday I included the stairs from Shelly Beach up to Harry’s Lookout. On Saturday Isabel woke up before me around 5am and wouldn’t go back to sleep. So I strapped her onto my chest and she came along for a walk with my Dad down to and along Miners and Shelly Beaches. She really enjoyed it, but of course was tired and crabby later in the day!


Monday Swim 1.2km
Very average sort of a day, but I made it to the pool anyway. Mixed this one up quite a bit, and covered 800m freestyle plus 400m breaststroke.


Tuesday Run 6km
I hadn’t run for a week and a half, and on the physio’s recommendation this one was more of a shuffle. Took it really easy which made for a relaxing run to start the day. No complaints from the calf during or after the run. Now all I need to do is not trip on any of the toys sprawled all over the house and I should be right.


Wednesday Cycle 18km
I haven’t been pushing all that hard on my last few rides, and today was no exception. I went along Lighthouse Beach before heading slightly inland to make my way into town before the home run along Pacific Drive.


What a great time of year…nice moderate temperature, it’s getting light around 5am so it’s easy to get up, heaps of people are out well before 6am and daylight savings is just a couple of weeks away.


As Wobbly Man rightly pointed out I have neglected a photo of the cycle leg of the baby triathlon in my previous post. In the interests of fair and equitable coverage I give you…the baby cycle leg:


Yes, I know we didn’t get her the performance model, but the early years are more about just having fun...aren’t they? ;)

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said…

    hey - great wheels :) i wish grown up bikes came in such nice colours. one thing i forgot to mention on my blog was that that whole session was with flippers! little stubby ones - but ones nonetheless! and none of that resting business!! definitely not a social session...

     
  • At 9:30 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great pic! Love the comment re performance model. Hope your calf heals soon for you, I am sure you want to be running more than anything else right now.

     
  • At 7:17 am, Blogger Jen said…

    LOL. I want one of those bikes! Not so far to fall ;-)

     
  • At 1:08 pm, Blogger christine said…

    another fine young athlete in the making...sweet!

     
  • At 8:09 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    Encourage her - she could be the next Katherine Legge. Easier than being a professional triathlete!

     
  • At 8:22 pm, Blogger R2B said…

    Georgous little one there!
    Your right it is about fun in that early competive stage for the 0-5 age groupers!

    Hope the calve stops mooing!

    Cheers R2B

     
  • At 8:00 pm, Blogger Shane said…

    Just gone through a few of your previous posts and I must say great pics. This time of year is awesome for swimming, I have been taking my little one to the pool in the last few weeks aswell and he loves it. Here's hoping he doesn't swim like his dad :)

    Good signs with the niggle, hopefully you are over the worst and can focus on your training a little more.

     
  • At 11:31 am, Blogger miners said…

    oh I don't know - the multi-coloured wheel-set is going to be big in tri-circles this season :)

    We did well with the weather didn't we while the city-slickers struggled all week :)

     
  • At 9:56 pm, Blogger Don Juan said…

    Good idea to get onto the stroke correction for a swim, which I am trying to avoid by running. Nice photos.

     
  • At 1:08 pm, Blogger miners said…

    Mate - just to let you know that I'd be free for a swim Friday afternoon - say 1pm (or earlier or later if you'd prefer)?

    I'll be busy all day Saturday with the Junior races down at Camden Haven :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home