no Dive, Rock 'n Run: D'oh

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

D'oh

Well that was a short start to the program…I have another niggle, but I can’t blame running for it. It’s the result of being a little careless whilst playing with Isabel straight after icing the calf on the weekend. It’s responding very well to stretching, massage and another physio session so I’ll give it a week off and see how it goes. Looks like another week in the pool and on the bike which isn’t so bad, but will result in more hacking and slashing of the half marathon program!

The weekend got in the way of much serious exercise anyway. Too many grand finals, plus the boat we usually ski behind has a shiny new motor so a few of us went out for a cruise around the waterways to see how it performs when full of passengers. It goes beautifully now and I’m looking forward to jumping behind it for a proper test soon.

The 1st Big Day Out announcement today is enough to get me through the gates with the guarantee of an enjoyable one. I had the possibility of heading to the Gold Coast for it but the pull of Sydney is too strong, particularly given that it’ll produce a 4 day Australia Day weekend! ;)


Sunday 1.5km swim
My plan for some laps on Saturday fell by the wayside, although I did get down there early for Isabel’s swimming. Sunday was 900m freestyle and 600m breaststroke. I mixed this one up a bit more than the usual straight free/breast/free. Threw in some alternating 100’s and a few 75m frees with 25m breaststroke finishes. This gets me through a few more laps towards the end when my freestyle gets a bit ragged.


Wednesday Stroke Correction
After a good physio session yesterday I showed up for some stroke correction today. The pool was packed, which is not surprising for school holidays.
Turns out my stroke is fairly good thanks to some of the tips I’ve picked up over the last few weeks that are moving me in the right direction. It’s my kicking that needs some work as I tend to kick more from the knee, which is dragging me back, particularly when taking a breath. Nothing that a few drills won’t fix.


I promised this way back, and finally here are a few more photos. The ones of Tyler were taken a couple of days ago, and there are a couple of Isabel for balance :)
Edit: The photos don't seem to want to upload so I'll have another shot at it tomorrow!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:34 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    Sorry to hear about your new niggle. Look after yourself but don't worry about CC too much - I suspect all your swimming & riding will be doing wonders for your fitness levels!

     
  • At 8:07 am, Blogger Gronk said…

    What a massive line up for the BDO. I don't know what GC is like but yeah Sydney is pretty crazy.

     
  • At 9:21 am, Blogger miners said…

    ... and I was going to invite you to the pool at lunch today to see how you're going. Certainly sounds like the swimming tips/drills are helping!

    btw - I actually AM heading to the pool after 12 in case you're interested mate. Might help to concentrate on the swimming for a while to ease the calf niggle

     
  • At 3:52 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    I think I'll go to the Adelaide BDO. It's rumoured Guns'n'Roses will be playing too. That would be awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home