no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Better for the run

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Better for the run

Friday Swim 0.8km
Met Miners at the pool at lunchtime, which was great after not catching up for ages. Just for a chat though (with good reason) and DVD drop off.
By the time I eventually got into the pool I didn’t have a great deal of time, which actually wasn’t a problem in the end. I realised after a couple of hundreds that my swim fitness had dropped off after a 10 days break that included little exercise and not feeling well. So I only ended up doing 800m (500m free and 300m breaststroke), which was plenty seeing as I was doing more drowning than swimming towards the end of it. Glad I got in there though.

Sunday Run 6km
It wasn’t much of a day today – a bit cold and wet. I managed to make it home before the rain arrived though, but only just. It was a trouble free run down to Flynns Beach and back home in just over half an hour.
I’ll aim for a couple more runs less than 10km this week then look at building up to some longer runs and incorporating some variety into the runs from there.

Monday Swim 1.2km
I was better today being one swim back from a spell. It was a much nicer day today than it has been for the last week or two and there were quite a few school groups coming and going while I was there. Happily I was insulated from them in a middle lane with a couple of others before the others left and I had the lane to myself. I was still resting between each 100 a bit more than usual, finishing with a mixed session totalling 700m freestyle and 500m breaststroke.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 11:32 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    Glad I've given you an excuse to catch up with Miners ;-)

    See you Wednesday - looking forward to it!

     
  • At 8:18 am, Blogger Gronk said…

    No mention of the calf. Great news your over it. :)

     
  • At 3:52 pm, Blogger miners said…

    sorry we stood around for so long on Friday. did you get to chat to Jo any longer after I left? She would have had you roped into the Tri Club if you did :)

    Good to see you made good use of the fabulous weather yesterday!

     
  • At 4:07 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    The 'almost drowning' swimming style is very familar to me.

    Glad to see you getting back into the training.

     
  • At 6:36 am, Blogger R2B said…

    Ah swimming can be really hard when your drowning?!

    Sounds like your niggles have passed or are passing?

    Get some of those longer runs in and feel better.

    Cheers R2B

     
  • At 3:22 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Some really good swim sessions there Paul and a nice run as well. By most people's standards - and certainly mine - that swim workouts are awsome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home