no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Couple of runs

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Couple of runs

Today’s run brings up just my third run for the month. The whole family including myself were a bit unwell towards the end of last week. I thought it was cleared up on the weekend, but after a big day on Sunday I was pretty tired and drained, which renewed some lingering symptoms. I tried to get out over the last few days, but it just hasn’t worked. The worst part is I feel like I’m wasting all this easy to get up for, early morning daylight.

All I managed since the last post were:

Sunday Run 6km
Still just a shuffle around the back of Waniora, which despite not being entirely flat, is about the flattest terrain I can get unless I want to drive somewhere.
The run was followed up with doing the lawns and running around with the kids. Later in the day we went to the supermarket with them and they both started carrying on like pork chops so I “took it outside” with them. I ended up power walking them in the pram for about half an hour while Jodie finished the shopping.

Today Run 6km
Ran a Lighthouse loop today. It had been warm all morning and I headed out at midday, but at least there was some cloud cover while I was out there. It felt tough for much of the run, although the pace was quicker than the shuffle that I should have been doing. I dangled the carrot that I would walk up the Matthew Flinders Drive hill to keep me going, whilst trying to make myself forget that walking up that hill was pretty much the same as running on the flat anyway. Still, it’s a change of pace for the legs. The final km home was really good after that. I felt strong, and was travelling at a good pace even though it’s a bit of a climb up Lighthouse Road. That was promising.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 7:29 am, Blogger Jen said…

    Hope you are back to 100% very soon. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

     
  • At 8:18 am, Blogger Gronk said…

    Sounds like your on top of your calf thing. Take it easy and steer clear of stray toys. :)

     
  • At 10:35 am, Blogger R2B said…

    lighthouse loops is one of my favourite sessions back in the 'gong!

    Hope the recovery steams ahead.Also power walking the pram is one of my other "sessions"

    Ah the joys of exercise and parenting!

     
  • At 2:05 pm, Blogger speedygeoff said…

    I hate it if I am told by my health professional "don't run". I love it when I am told "Don't run on any hills".
    Don't run on any hills.

     
  • At 2:07 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Its the best time of year to be running too. Hope you and the rest of the fam are feeling better soon.

     
  • At 3:53 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    Hope you're feeling better Paul.

    Regarding the correlation between lost weight and improved fitness... I think a good test would be to run over a course with a weighted backpack. Or perhaps a couple of heavy jumpers. Of course, for the latter, it would have to be a cool day ;)

    Hills are overrated!

     
  • At 5:45 pm, Blogger Lulu said…

    I'm sure walking up and down hills on holiday made me a lot stronger so I think even walking on them works. Sorry we'll miss you this week but hope to see you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home