no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Now back from Sydney

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Now back from Sydney

Monday Run 6km including 8x200m Intervals
After dismissing my alarm and dropping back to sleep I finally got up after 6am and headed out into a very warm and sunny morning in Sydney.

Given my recent comfortable runs I decided to include some speed intervals today. After a couple of km warm up I ended up doing 8 x 200m (roughly because they were time based) intervals. I later measured and they were more like 220’s. I had between 1 and 2 minute jog recoveries, which varied so as to avoid crossing intersections during the intervals themselves.

It was a tough session in the conditions and I was drenched with sweat even more than usual by the end so it must have been a good one!



Wednesday Run 8km including 2x12min Tempo
It was much cooler this morning and I was out much earlier. Today I wanted to throw in a couple of longer efforts, so after a 2km warm up I upped the pace to “60 minute race pace”. At the time I thought it wasn’t all that uncomfortable or strenuous apart from a couple of the hills. On later measurement it turns out that both efforts were exactly the same distance and at 5 min/km pace. I should have pushed it a bit more but I’ll rate it satisfactory under the circumstances.


U2 Follow up
The set lists for all the Australian shows so far are available on u2.com ;)

We were a little apprehensive about entry queues after hearing reports, but seeing as the gates opened at 5.30pm and we arrived at the stadium at 8pm, any line ups were well and truly cleared by then and we went straight in.
I know all about the food and drink queues in and around Telstra Stadium from past experience. We’ve got it all worked out with a place close by with free, easy parking, we can relax, grab a few cheap drinks and a feed before heading across to the stadium. It’s certainly not the Novotel right next door, because that’s just as bad as the stadium! And it’s fairly easy to make a (relatively) quick getaway after the show.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 1:38 pm, Blogger miners said…

    after such nice weather in Sydney, I'm sure you're enjoying being back in this today!

    Nice efforts with the ... um, efforts (I need to expand my vocab)

     
  • At 11:39 am, Blogger Becky O said…

    Damn, I paid $15 for my quick exit at U2....

     
  • At 2:48 pm, Blogger Rachel said…

    Nice step up! I'm so ignorant of proper running terms, but does Tempo mean you run to the beat of U2 in your mp3 player?

     
  • At 11:13 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    A couple of good sessions there. 200s done a couple of days prior to longer intervals often improves the speed of the longer ones.

     
  • At 2:06 pm, Blogger TD said…

    Well done on the speed work, Paul. I think one has to be fit to do interval work and you have thrown in some nice ones there. Thanks also for the feedback on U2. I enjoyed reading about your impressions of my favourite group.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home