no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Steady as she goes

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Steady as she goes

Yet again I’m only getting around to a once a week post!

This coming Saturday I’m going to see U2 at Telstra Stadium. I can’t wait now, especially having bought the tickets a year ago and after the postponement of the tour earlier in the year. I already know of another CR blogger heading in there on Saturday :) I’m interested to hear who’s going to be any of their shows, and at Saturday night in particular!


Friday Run 6km
This was a week ago and apart from running through the Waniora area I don’t recall much of this run so it must have been nice and easy!
Briefly caught up with Miners, Rooster, Aunty K, Truckie and (I think) Rock Doctor at the tail end of their dinner at TG’s in the evening.


Saturday Run 14km
This was the longest one I’ve done in 6 weeks, and it’s about time I started back with a few longer runs.
The weather wasn’t too good and it was the day before the Half Ironman so it wasn’t surprising that it was fairly quiet out and about. I made my way along Pacific Drive past most of the beaches, along the river into town and then back home via Granite Street with a couple of diversions along the way. It was a steady run at my familiar 5:30 pace.


Sunday Half Ironman
I looked out the window at 5.30am and it wasn’t pretty. I was looking after Isabel this morning and I decided against dragging her out at dawn with all the rain about. Instead we both headed out a little later to watch some of the action around the transition area towards the end of the bike leg and early parts of the run. We spotted a few locals, including Miners and Riggo well into their run leg along with a couple of other unidentified CRs.
I wasn’t game to juggle a camera along with Isabel and the umbrella so unfortunately I have no photos this time.


Monday Swim 1km
Today wasn’t too bad in the pool. I was very relaxed throughout the session and found that I was cruising along fairly happily back in the slow lane. For most of the time there was no one in the medium lane and only one other in the slow lane. It was warmer in than out with some decent rain showers falling during the swim.
I ended up doing 700m freestyle and 300m breaststroke.


Tuesday Run 6km
As I was heading out for my run today I reminded myself that the CC Half is less than 4 weeks away now so I should start with some varied sessions in an effort to boost my fitness and kick myself out of my 5:30 pace comfort zone in the short time I have left.
It was only going to be a short run so there wasn’t time to do too much so I just threw in 2 x 5 minute tempo efforts while I made my way around my regular Lighthouse loop.

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 8:38 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said…

    Well I won't be catching you at U2 but as we are going on Monday perhaps we can compare notes during the CC half ;-)

    Looking forward to seeing you again!

     
  • At 9:19 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    I know exactly how you feel about that 5:30 comfort zone, I seem to slip into so easily when I'm running on my own.

    Enjoy the show. The reviews from the Brissie one last night were pretty good.

     
  • At 9:43 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    I have friends going on Friday night - should be a good concert. I hope the weather is kind.

    Trouble with getting out of the comfort zone is that it's so damn comfortable in there.

     
  • At 7:16 am, Blogger R2B said…

    I know how hard it can be to fit in training on a busy schedule and it must be even harder doing tri's.
    I would love to do one but i suck at swimming and biking so i will have to leave it to when i have time (in 10 years!)

    As for your 5:30 comfort zone, if you run at 5:10 a bit more than it will make your CC 1/2 easier and i am sure you can beat 105 mins easily.

    My Brother is going on Saturday night to U2 (lucky bugger!)
    Seems like everybody knows somebody that will be!

    Have fun R2B

     
  • At 7:38 am, Blogger Gronk said…

    I lurve the 5.30 comfort zone. Very happy there. :)

    I have U2 envy.

     
  • At 9:48 am, Blogger Rachel said…

    Well, I'd love to be goint, but I didn't even realise they were touring until the concerts had all sold out!

    Good work on bumping up to the 14k run.

     
  • At 10:02 am, Blogger miners said…

    back in the slow lane?? I thought you had initiated well the other day ...

    Thanks for your support out there on Sunday - don't know how on earth you did it, let alone with Isabel in tow! It was great to see you (but you're right, you were sitting about 1km from ground zero when things went awry).

    Have a fantastic time at U2 on Saturday - local runner Andrew (Thompson) is heading down too, but I think he's going Friday?

    oh, and yes, it WAS Rock Doctor on Friday night. Think he's still around town too at the moment.

     
  • At 10:11 am, Blogger Lulu said…

    The CC half is creeping up on us really quickly. Look forward to seeing you there.

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said…

    hello! have a great time at the concert! ah 5.30... oh for that to be a comfort zone!!! more like 5k race pace :)

     
  • At 3:42 pm, Blogger Becky O said…

    I'm off to U2 on Monday night, really looking forward to it. Hope you have a great time. What's with Kanye West supporting them???

     
  • At 9:20 pm, Blogger TD said…

    I'd give anything to see U2 in action, Paul. I would love to hear what you have to say about the concert.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home