no Dive, Rock 'n Run: A Few Lazy Days

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Few Lazy Days

Thursday Swim 1km
The goal was to cover 1.2 to 1.4km today, but by the time I got to the pool I simply ran out of time and had to bail at the 1km mark. It was a shame really, because I was feeling comfortable in the water today. The other consequence of being later than usual is that by the time I was on my final lap I was sharing the entire Olympic pool with just 1 other person! I could cruise as slow as I liked in the fast lane although I just opted to hog the medium lane, recklessly charging straight through the middle of the lane without fear of collision ;)
So it ended up being 600m freestyle and 400m breaststroke.


Friday Run 14km
It was such a nice morning for a run. I ran a similar route to last weeks 14km with a few variations, but basically along Pacific Drive to Town Beach, then along the river to Westport Park before working my way back home.
I finished at closer to 5:15 pace, which I was happy with for a longer run seeing as I felt quicker and more comfortable than my last 14km run.


Saturday
Drove to Sydney and went up the road to see some band play a few songs.


Sunday Swim 1.8km
My longest swim by a couple of hundred metres…yay!
After having a most enjoyable sleep in to 9am (which I never, ever get to do any more), I had some fruit and headed to the pool.
I was originally planning on doing 1.4km, but I had a lane to myself the whole time and was feeling nice and relaxed so I kept going. On the whole it was a great swim for me. Once warmed up I felt I had a good rhythm going and was enjoying cruising through the water. Where I usually start of with up to 500m freestyle I managed 750m before changing. My breaks were shorter than usual as well.
In the end it was 1100m freestyle and 700m breaststroke as:
750m: F, 400m: B, 100m: F/B/F/B, 50m: F/B/F/B/F

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home