no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Week 14 of 18 – Recovery Week

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Week 14 of 18 – Recovery Week

Monday 5km Run
Easy recovery run not far from home.


Tuesday 13km Tempo Run
I hadn’t been along Lighthouse Beach for a while so that’s where I went this morning. Then I made my way through Marbuk and Emerald Downs, along Ocean Drive, Koala Street and home.
I had 2 x 15 metre tempo efforts today (at about 1 hour race pace) with a 5 minute jog recovery, although I realised during the cool down that I was still a fair way from home so I threw in a further 10 minute effort on the way back!


Thursday 10km VO2 Intervals
I set my alarm for the wrong day so it didn’t go off this morning at 5 but I woke up at 5.30am anyway, so I only lost half an hour of the yard work I was going to do between the run and starting work…still trimmed a few hedges though!
I made my way down to Wayne Richards Park on Koala Street for 6 x 600m intervals (at 5km race pace) with 90 second jog recoveries.
As with last weeks session I put in some relaxed but solid efforts, dodging some uneven ground here and there. I did them all fairly consistently at about 2:20 to 2:30 minutes each.


Saturday 18km Long Run
It’s interesting that I hit a sluggish phase through the 30-40 minute mark, which was the same point as occurred during a long run quite a few weeks ago.
So today I ran along Pacific Drive to Town Beach, along the river to Settlement City, through Clifton and back home via Gordon and Lord Streets.
I was a bit behind schedule with about 4km to go so I picked up the pace a bit to the finish. The last 3km was uphill for a fair part of the way, but it didn’t seem too tough even at the quicker pace, and still felt like an aerobic effort. I think that I’d just been plodding along for most of the run when I really could/should have been going a bit quicker.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:15 pm, Blogger Hamburglar said…

    Looks like the training is going well for Canberra. You must be getting excited.

    Hopefully I will be up at Port next weekend. Maybe we can squeeze in a run.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 10:34 pm, Blogger Mouse_and_NTR said…

    hey PR, some good training going on here!! I reckon your speed would have picked up again from the central coast half last year...hope to say g'day before the race at Canberra.
    Cheers,NTR

     
  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger Ewen said…

    I like the 600s.

    It's easy to get into plod mode on the long runs - not that there's anything wrong with that. All the running contributes to the base for Canberra.

     
  • At 10:40 am, Blogger R2B said…

    Your recovery week is bigger then many of my weeks training for the marathon!

    Hope you enjoy it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home