no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Sunday 13km Aerobic Run

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday 13km Aerobic Run

A long (for me) aerobic run. Straight down Pacific Drive along the beaches to Town Beach then followed the river past the Town Green to Westport Park and back via Kennedy Drive.

I like running along Pacific Drive while it’s still dark before the dawn. I’ve occasionally come across people stumbling along trying to make it home before the dawn. It’s good knowing that it won’t be me waking up in the middle of the afternoon with a sore head! It used to be me, but not these days. And it’s a great feeling to finish a long run with the sun shining after starting in darkness.

During the later part of the run I came across 4 taps in front yards that had been knocked out of the ground and were spraying water…some fool was up to no good last night. I found a council guy fixing the 4th I one...he wasn’t too impressed when I told him about the other 3 down the road.

Finished the run feeling really good as though I could have gone longer and/or faster, which is great as it was all run to plan including the pace. The long runs start to get longer in coming weeks so I’m confident about stepping up the distances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home