no Dive, Rock 'n Run: Tuesday 6km with 4x200m sprints

Dive, Rock 'n Run

Actually more "Run" than anything else at the moment!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday 6km with 4x200m sprints

Ok so it’s a step back from the last sprint session, but I only realise that now and it’s because I was supposed to do 150 metre sprints last week.

I considered not getting up early after the run on Sunday followed by a late night and then a 4.30am start for the drive to Sydney but that’s what a schedule is for and I feel much better now for having done it. I don’t think I’ve ever regretted getting up and exercising, but the same is not true for having slept through a session! I’m not saying that sleeping in doesn’t feel good at the time and it certainly has its place when you’re not feeling too hot, but later in the day I tend to wish that I had actually got out of bed.

I ran around a walking/training path down the end of the street…a warm up combined with measuring duties (fairly rough – just working out a couple of lengths using an easy 6 min/km pace over about 70 seconds). Knocked out the sprints with 3 minutes recovery to get to one of the measured starting points and then back for breakfast and a shower.

There’s no lighting down there so I was surprised how many people (with and without dogs ) were walking around there in the pre dawn darkness…plus a couple of runners of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home